Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Crit 4

With this crit I got a lot of helpful advice from my classmates and what I presented in class were my canvases I constructed and stretched, with my fiber experiments on them filled with cotton. The class agreed that I should remove them from the structure and try to create different levels of focal points using a different structure such a chicken wire which I acquired that same day.






   



I also tried different materials such as stuffed leggings I have worn to women rights marches this past year and created these "pillow" type fiber experiments that I weaved. I put them up on the wall along with my canvases but after crit I realized I would like them to be apart of the floor due to their color and scale.




 


I plan on making more of the "pillow" like fiber experiments, as well as remove the fiber experiments from my canvases and instead working with chicken wire and covering it with fabric and see how it goes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment